G&L neck replacement

Share you tips and tricks here.

Moderator: rockinrayduke

G&L neck replacement

Postby roger winkler » Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:49 pm

I'm not sure if this is in the correct forum, if not please move it. I have a 2004 G&L L-2000 Tribute with a maple neck/fretboard. The width at the nut is 1.5/8ths. This is a little uncomfortable for me when playing. My question is, does G&L make a neck with a 1.5 width that will fit the Tribute? I love the jazz bass neck width. So could anyone help me out here. Thanks. [smilie=smilie_kopf.gif]
Well, I gotta tell ya, "I was just beside myself, and honestly, I didn't look to bad"
roger winkler

Postby craigb » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:03 pm

Hey Roger,

I believe that the only way to get a Tribute neck that is 1.5" wide at the nut is to get a Tribute SB-2 or JB-2 which come with a #8 neck. I have a Korean Tribute SB-2 with a skinny neck and it's nice (if you like skinny G&L necks). I have thought about getting a Tribute L2K and a Tribute SB-2/JB-2 and swapping the necks to have a Tribute L2K with a skinny neck.

I wonder if the Korean and Chinese Tribute necks will be interchangeable. I also wonder if it's possible to buy a Tribute replacement neck (I doubt it, but I wonder). I wish G&L sold Tribute L2Ks with skinny necks.
my personal music site: http://www.ninestonering.com/craig
craigb

Postby spideyjg » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:04 pm

Flip it and get a USA with a skinny neck. The L2K Tribbys were all wide necks and only the SB-2 and JB-2 Tribbys were skinny. AFAIK switching may not be possible.

Jim
Silverbass wrote:gawd damn the pusher man
spideyjg
Bouncer

Postby roger winkler » Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:52 pm

Well crap.... I was really hoping for a neck match up for my tribby. Oh well, thanks alot guys for the info. Now I know where to go when I need help. [smilie=food-smiley-004.gif]
Well, I gotta tell ya, "I was just beside myself, and honestly, I didn't look to bad"
roger winkler

Postby craigb » Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:35 pm

craigb wrote: . . . I wonder if the Korean and Chinese Tribute necks will be interchangeable . . .

Scratch "Chinese" and replace with "Indonesian" - I think my brain pulled the wrong new geographic location for Tribute manufacture.
my personal music site: http://www.ninestonering.com/craig
craigb

Return to REPAIRS